Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm Coming Back for 2012

Well, I've signed up for the 2012 Chevron Houston Marathon. I got a guaranteed entry this year with the new qualifying time system they implemented so I didn't have to go through the lottery. Registration opened at 8:00am on May 10, 2011. I was done with registration at 8:04am. Can you tell I was a little excited? Finally, after nine days of waiting, I got my registration confirmation saying my qualifying time had been verified, and I was officially in the race.

I've got about one more month of light running, and then, training officially starts on July 1. It's going to be a long hot summer. I have no clue what my goal for this year's marathon will be. It would be easier to come up with a goal had I not bombed this year's race. Hopefully, I'll do much better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment